How’s life treating you all? I’m in the middle of exam revision – trying to keep my motivation up but it’s not working so well! But we keep on trucking lol!!
|Thanks Ryan! Love you *happy dance*
Anywayyyyy, if you follow me on Instagram, you’ll see that I decided to start a little something called the “Wash and Go Series”! In this series, I will be trying different products and different product combinations in my quest to get the PERFECT wash and go. My wash and go’s can be a little temperamental so I want to try to find the best product combo. For me, the perfect wash and go is big, fluffy, soft and full of movement. So for Wash and Go Series #1, I used the Giovanni Direct Leave In Weightless Moisture Conditioner, Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen, Grow and Restore Styling Lotion and Shea Butter. Initially, I used only the SM Styling Lotion and Shea Butter but I felt my hair needed more moisture so I added the Giovanni Leave In. I’m gonna tell you HOW I used these products and then the pros and cons…
- On deep conditioned and cowashed hair, I used a cotton shirt to soak up some excess water
- I sectioned my hair into 4 sections and clipped them up
- On each section, I sprayed lightly with a water and aloe vera mixture then I applied the Giovanni Leave In, a dime sized amount of the SM Styling Lotion and the Shea Butter to seal
- On each section, I added extra of each product to the ends of my hair (remember that your ends are the oldest and most fragile part of hair)
- After applying the products to each section, I clipped each section back up to combat shrinkage a little bit. After 5-10 minutes, I let each section down, shook my hair a bit and left it alone to air dry
- Before I slept, I pineapple’d my hair and slept on a satin pillowcase!
|This was the day after I washed – kinda 1st day hair because I washed my hair the night before
- My hair felt very moisturised for the first couple of days
- My hair was really soft and fluffy and had lots of movement
- I had loadssss of volume (my favourite!)
- This may not be a pro for some but my hair was a little messy straight away, which is just how I liked it
- This combination of products was lightweight
- My shrinkage wasn’t too bad
- My hair didn’t get as tangled as it usually does when I do wash and go’s
|These are photos from a little photoshoot I did 🙂 (2nd day hair)
- The products didn’t have much hold at all so my hair got way too frizzy too quickly
- After the first couple of days, my hair felt really dry
- My hair didn’t have much shine
- I didn’t have that much definition
|This is when the hair started to get a little dry and meh! (3rd day hair)
So to be honest, despite the cons, I actually really liked this product combo! The products worked well together and my hair felt really good. If I had to change something, I would 1) add more Giovanni Leave In for more moisture and 2) I would add a gel for more hold e.g. some Eco Styler Gel. I’ll keep you posted!!!
Stay tuned for the next episode of the Wash and Go Series!!
Email me or comment below with any questions! Follow on Instagram and Twitter! Like on Facebook and add me on Snapchat! Share on social media!