How are you all? How was your weekend? Again, I just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone who has ordered oils and pillowcases! I may not know some of you but I legit love you guys! I will do a giveaway some time soon so please stay tuned for that!
On to one of the things that has saved my skin: ROSEHIP OIL! Rosehip oil is really bae to be honest. It’s great for your skin AND hair but I’m gonna focus on the skin benefits (I use it very sparingly on my hair because that stuff isn’t that cheap and nobody has the coins to be slathering it all over my huge afro). Rosehip oil is just one of those oils you NEED regardless of your skin type – I have seen it work on ALL skin types. Yes, just because you have oily skin, doesn’t mean you can’t use oils on your face. You just need to pick the right oil. I’ve seen a proper change since I started using rosehip oil (I alternate between argan oil and rosehip oil – I either mix it into a face moisturiser or I apply it to my damp face after washing and toning). My skin is smoother, softer, has a healthy glow and has a more even skin tone.
Here are some of the benefits of this amazing oil:
- Rich in essential fatty acids – this helps cellular development in the skin and helps to give the skin a healthy glow
- It contains vitamin E – vitamin E is great for healing any scarring on the skin and it is rich in anti-oxidants to protect collagen. It can also help to prevent dryness, fine lines and wrinkles
- It has lycopene (a naturally occurring chemical) – this improves cellular function in the skin to help keep skin looking young, providing the immense anti-ageing properties of this oil
- It contains beta-carotene – this essential nutrient restores suppleness, balance and evens skin tone, thus improving the appearance of the skin
- Contains vitamin A and C – these two vitamins brighten the skin. They treat signs of ageing and pigmentation, repairs damaged skin and provides a strong anti-oxidant boost
This oil has soooo many benefits and my favourite thing is that it’s super light! It doesn’t feel heavy on the face and it’s intensely nourishing. Give it a go and let me know what you think! Just be sure to find pure 100% rosehip oil to make sure you’re getting the good stuff (I use the Sukin Certified Organic Rose Hip Oil)!!