It’s been a while!! How are you all? How’s life treating you?? Things are good on this end. Just gearing up for NYSC – if you don’t know what that is, you’re lucky because it’s a total nightmare! It’s basically a compulsory year of service for Nigerian graduates.
Anyway, on to more positive things: FLORA & CURL. So a few months ago, the lovely people at Flora & Curl reached out to me to send me a few products. Flora & Curl is a pretty new company specialising in the production of 100% natural hair products made from high quality ingredients. They use botanically-derived ingredients and steer clear of synthetic fragrances and other nasty things. They sent me two products: the African Citrus Bloom Superfruit Hair Oil and the Flower Garden Hair Butter Concentrate.
NB: PLEASE NOTE I WAS NOT ASKED TO DO THIS REVIEW. I’M DOING IT BECAUSE I REALLY LOVE THE PRODUCTS. ALL OPINIONS ARE 100% HONEST.
African Citrus Bloom Superfruit Hair Oil
So according to the Flora & Curl website, this oil “contains the perfect blend of over 10 potent plant oils that nourish split ends, tame frizzy hair, provide heat protection, repair damaged hair and add shine. It leaves hair feeling softer and shiny while giving off the sweetest, invigorating scent found in no other hair product.” The oil contains ingredients such as grapeseed oil, avocado oil, baobab seed oil and sweet orange oil.
- This oil really does soften the hair immensely – I used it as a sealant and it made my hair fluffy and soft
- It made my hair super shiny – not greasy, but genuinely shiny
- It didn’t leave a film of oil on top of my hair like many oils do – it really soaked into my hair
- It was light enough for my mum’s superrrrrr fine hair but it was thick enough for my super thick hair – I dunno how they pulled this off but they did (kinda reminds me of how Kinky Curly Knot Today is light enough for super fine hair but heavy enough for super thick hair)
- The PACKAGING – look guys, I’m a stickler for good packaging. If the packaging is annoying to use, I might not buy it. This pump packaging is ideal for an oil because you don’t have to pick it up and you can control how much product comes out (yeahhhh I know I sound super lazy but I’ve dropped way too many slippery oil bottles so this is helpful)
- Well this is a pro or con depending on you but I wasn’t a fan of the citrus scent – that’s just me though, I don’t like the smell of citrus!
- If you have super dry hair or ends, it may not do the trick in terms of sealing. For me, my ends always get super dry so, while the oil was perfect for sealing the length of my hair, I had to add an extra oil/butter to my ends because it didn’t feel “sealed” enough
Overall, I give this oil a solid 8.5/10!
Flower Garden Hair Butter Concentrate
With this one, the website says “a rich and soft butter curl cream formulated for scalp and hair that is begging for moisture. This pink, velvety textured treat with its sweet and grounding essence of freshly picked rose petals, is infused with the goodness of flowers and herbs to leave your hair feeling petal-soft.” The ingredients include shea butter, coconut oil, hibiscus extract, almond oil and lavender oil.
- The SMELLLLL – omg this stuff smells like heaven! Flora & Curl, I dunno how you mixed this stuff but it smelled amazing
- Super softening – my hair felt baby soft once I applied this stuff. I was honestly shocked because butters don’t normally soften my hair thatttt much but this one really did!
- It really soaks into the hair and can glides through the hair – another issue I often have with butters is that they can be tricky to work through my thick hair. This one moved through my hair easily and melted right in to my strands.
- A little goes a longggg way! I was worried when I saw the small tub but really, you don’t need much at all. I have super thick and relatively long hair and I was able to get away with a little more than a pea-sized per section (I did 4 sections)
- I dunno if you’re meant to do this so it’s probs not a great idea but I applied it to my body as a moisturiser at one point and my skin was GLOWING, soft and moisturised. I’m all for a multipurpose product!
- I don’t have any! It was amazing lol!
Overall, this was a 10/10 for me!
That’s it, guys!! I loved the two products I was sent and I can’t wait to try more! Plus I love supporting business owned by young women. Particularly when it comes to hair! I definitely want to try the Clay Cleanser so when I do, I’ll update this review! Have a FABULOUS week!