I hope 2015 is going well for you so far! It’s going pretty well for me so far but with that comes a great deal of work and responsibility so life is kind of kicking my butt right now, but in a good way if that makes sense! We all know nothing worth having comes easy so this is happy chaos lol.
Here we go again with another feature from the lovely Noni!
Tell us your name, where you’re from and where you live
Noni Irukwu, I’m British-Nigerian and I live in London
Best – your hair can do almost anything if you figure out how to manipulate it.
Worst – my hair is very high maintenance – I always have to plan in advance.
– Section my hair into 4-6 sections, pre-poo with an olive oil/coconut oil mix and let that sit for 30 minutes
– Rinse this out (whilst removing any obvious knots)
– Cover the hair in A LOT of conditioner (usually Organix) and detangle with a wide-tooth comb
– Twist section and repeat on all the other sections, then leave under a plastic cap and a towel for deep-conditioning (anything from an hour to overnight)
– Wash out the conditioner and decide what I’m going to do (I always style my hair: twist out, braid out, french plaits etc – I’ve had bad wash-n-go experiences)
Cantu Shea Moisture leave-in conditioner – it is everything!
DON’Ts: Keep protective styles too long or do them consecutively without rest periods.
Treat your hair with care